It Could All Be So Simple....

Like Lauryn Hill says - It could all be so simple, but you'd rather make it hard! If we all just spread a little peace it would be so much easier!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

To Bitch Slap or Not to Bitch Slap?


Disclaimer: The following entry is a rant and nothing more than a rant, a woman needs to do this every once in a while in order to keep her sanity and not bitch slap her man to knock some sense into him. (P.S. I got this pic off Google - this is not my baby! lol)

Alright ya'll, I LOVE my man and all but...

PLEASE tell me why he refuses to stop leaving dirty dishes in a sink full of water and leaving them there to fester for DAYS! Why why WHY!? Now, I know this may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me. I'm the type that rinses off the dishes and puts them directly into the dishwasher as soon as they hit the sink. To me, there's nothing nastier than dishes with all kinds of food and grime stuck to them chillin for everyone to see and smell. When he first started to do this when we moved in together, I would see the sink full of water & dishes right away, drain it and put them in the dishwasher (mind you it makes me gag to stick my arm into a sink of cold water, festering dirty dishes and floaters, so this is hard for me). He made me feel like I was OCD or something because I couldn't wait for him to wash them. So, I stepped off to see how long they would sit there. The first time it was 2 days, the next time, 3 days, the record - FIVE DAYS! That is just crossing the damn line.

Now think about it, when the sink is full of dishes and water, where am I supposed to dump the rest of the juice that's in my cup? How am I supposed to put leftovers in the garbage disposal? How can I even wash my hands? There is NO reason why he can't just stick them in the dish washer (or let me do it) or just WASH THE DAMN DISHES. I know he's trying to help, but really, filling the sink with water aint doing shit for me!! This honestly has been the source of arguments! He HATES when I bring it up but he KEEPS doing it! Does my man have a screw loose??

Anyway, honey if you are reading this, I love you more than my heart will allow me to express. God answered my prayers so thoroughly and accurately when he revealed you to me. Thank you for loving me.

Also, thank you for making the bed every morning before you go to work, thanks for taking out the trash (even though sometimes you push it down so many times to avoid taking it out that you can't even get the damn bag out of the can), thank you for letting me watch American Idol and The L Word on the big TV even when your favorite shows are on too, thank you for rubbing my feet that one time, thank you for doing all the grocery shopping, thank you for holding me all night long even if it makes you sweaty, thanks for going on double dates with my friends when I know you'd rather be doing something else, thanks for coming to my family dinners, thanks for sharing your dreams with me. I love you.

Does your mate have an annoying habit that you can't stand?
What are your favorite things about him/her??

Be Peace

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster, one moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.
Chinese Proverb

13 Comments:

Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

Yay I'm first!!!

March 22, 2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

Ok, now that I've claimed being FIRST, let's get down to business...RANT ON GURLFRIEND!!! RANT ON!!! My husband used to...wait STILL DOES that shit, but I will admit, that man will wash some dishes, do laundry, fold clothes and clean the house.

That was a lovely way to end a rant...thanking him for all thewonderful things that he DOES do for you. Men...can't live with them...can't live WITH them...lol

March 22, 2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Lāā said...

My man will do the same exact thing after he sees me rinse off my dishes and put them in the dishwasher. He rarely lifts a finger to do anything because he says that I complain that it's not done right. If he washes clothes he'll only wash his own and not mine because he says that I'm too picky about mine. If he washes the towels he'll leave them for me to fold because they have to be folded a certain way and the fold has to be in the same direction.

But the one thing that I hate is when he cooks (rare) he won't make my plate but I always make his.

March 22, 2006 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband does that too, its so gross. They think they're helping.
You could hide the stoppers to the sink so he can't do it anymore.
I also bought some of those yellow dishwashing gloves so I don't have to stick a bare arm in there.

March 22, 2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

extremly funny. Girl my boyfriend is just annoying period. After five years, a lot of things start to annoy you..lol. Everytime I drive he always has something to say. That gets on my nerves so bad.

March 22, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Peace said...

Whew!! Thank God I'm not alone in this!!! I thought I was just being a nagging wench! It's so funny how the ones we love can drive us so crazy!

@ Tam - so right - can't live w/ em, CAN'T live w/out em!! :)

@ Laa - I am the SAME way! Even thouggh he SEES me folding the towels into thirds so they will all fit in the cabinet, he insists on folding them into big squares & shoving them in. Now I am the sole towel folder! Like teh saying goes - if you wnt it done right, do it yourself!! :)

@ Phantom - talking during AI is a NO NO!! She needs to get involved!! Also, I don't know about ME geting involved in HNT - I'd have to be high - and I don't smoke! :)

@ anony - Great idea - hiding the stopper! I'm gonna try that!

@ GP - Damn we've only lived together 6 months - I'm dreading 5 years!! :)

Peacce ya'll! Thanks for the commments!!

March 22, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

No, I didn't say "can't live with them, can't live without them" - I said, "Can't live with them...can't live WITH them!"

I know 'the hell I said...don't misquote me! HAHAHAHA Trust me, I've been with my husband for 10 years - the shit don't ever change...you either learn to compromise or learn to adapt. Or whoop his ass in his sleep and play dumb in the morning, "Oh honey, I don't know HOW you got that black eye...does it hurt?" teeheee...

March 22, 2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Peace said...

Oh Tam you are KILLIN ME! You are a trip! So glad we had a chance to connect in cyber world! I'll be sure not to misquote again!! :)
Lookin forward to another one of your MTA adventures!!

March 22, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger CarolineJarvis said...

Alrighty girl.... your problem is you're getting mad instead of getting even... revenge is always much sweeter. Just be creative about it... For Example: if he's the type of guy who likes his video games... hide the controllers and when he asks, tell him, Maybe they're in the sink of dirty dishes but he'll never know unless he cleans them up.

Thanks for checkin out my blog and for the kind words... much appreciated!

March 22, 2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Aww that was soo cute..you ranted and raved but you praised him for the other things he does that provide you with joy and happiness....when asked what he's doing or how his day went my suga always, always says....chilling....can we have more conversation than that lol

March 23, 2006 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »

December 20, 2006 2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Neurontin and itching Ativan dosage over dose incorporate Soft ice fresh fruit machine ddf labcheap area rug Boone north carolina 10 district attorney wool area rug bamboo Fax internet software http://www.hair-loss-product-1.info Girls in black upskirts Recharge visa gift card Sex mind travel Lexington county moving companies nationwide keyword free vicodin Legally avoid sales tax avoid use tax 94 vortex new cpi but floods eng.

February 28, 2007 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

April 23, 2007 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home