It Could All Be So Simple....

Like Lauryn Hill says - It could all be so simple, but you'd rather make it hard! If we all just spread a little peace it would be so much easier!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Preschool Corruption

OK, I know I could be biased, but I think that this is one of the cutest kids in the world!! This is my little godson, he just turned 4 a couple of weeks ago, he and his mom (one of my closest friends), live in Arizona, so it's a big treat when we get to visit each other. I thought I'd introduce him to you now, since he ALWAYS does some crazy mess that makes me laugh - I think it will be good blogging material in the future.
Here he is on his 4th birthday at Chuck-E-Cheese out here in L.A. While all the other kids were laughing, clapping & dancing at the show, this is what he was doing:


Straight up covering his ears and acting like a little party pooper. He was COOL on Chuckie, all he wanted to do was eat cake and play video games.

I guess he's been getting in trouble at pre-school lately. Thursday he got a bad report from the teacher when his mom came to pick him up. Apparently the teacher told him to be quiet because he was talking too much and he said "My mommy told me I didn't have to!!" WTF? Where did that come from, he is usually a very well behaved kid? Another night, he wanted a snack and his mom told him no because it was late & time to go to bed. He says "My Auntie Peace said I could have a snack!!" WTF? Where do kids get this stuff from?? Another recent thing I can remember is, after his first couple days of preschool, his mom called me so I could say hi to him and ask him about his day. He gets on the phone and proceeds to sing "I wike big butts and I cannot wie, woop woop!" WTF again? I'm convinced that preschool corrupts!!

His latest surprise was recently, his mom was listening to "Truth Is" by Fantasia, when the song was almost over, she pressed next on the CD player - she said Marcel dang near had a heart attack and said "Moooooom! The song wasn't over yet!" She said, "Yes it was, there was only like 3 seconds left!" He replies, "No mom, pleeeease put 'The Birthday Song' on again!" (The Birthday song? Where did THAT come from?) Anyway, she starts it over again and to her shock he starts singing the song almost word for word! "Ran to an ol friend yestaday, caught me a supwise an a called my name, he was a familal face, a chapa in my paaaaaaaaaaaas!" (For actual lyrics, click here). He knew the whole thing right down to the last "I gotta be honest" all the runs and all! Isn't it crazy how fast kids pick things up? It was funny as hell, but reminded me how careful we need to be around our kids, they are watching our every move and are constantly learning and absorbing their environment.

Anyway, that's all for now, I hope you had a GREAT weekend! (For all you L.A. folks, can you believe how cold it is?? I went to visit a friend in Fontana this weekend and it started SNOWING while I was there! What a trip!

Have a great day!!!

What are some funny things you have heard kids say?

Peace Out!

"It takes a whole village to raise a child." - African (Yoruba) Proverb

6 Comments:

Blogger Carmell said...

girl i got to many stories to remember on this subject. but i know i will have some new ones as my son is home til the 29th soooo i know i'll have something!
so it was cold in cali! wow it was damn near 80 degrees here! very pretty weekend...still didn't do nothing.

March 13, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

hey there! thank`s for stopping by my blog. your nephew is sooooooooooo cute. i wike big butts and i cannot wie.! LOVE IT LOVE IT. i'm soooo glad koolbreeze talked you into starting your own blog. it hailed here yesterday and on thursday. i guess Tony! Toni! Tone' are some lying azz mo foes! (it never rains in southern california my big ol butt)...LOL

March 13, 2006 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your godson is absolutely adorable! The music thing is scary- my 3 year old picks up songs so quickly we've pretty much taken to listening to smooth jazz (he can sing the full melodies of the songs he likes even with jazz).

March 13, 2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger TYREE DILLIHAY said...

the boy is cute!

Your March 10th post was the funniest and saddest thing I'd heard in a long ass time.

Sometime, I have no idea what the hell is going on in our people's minds. No idea at all.

hey, i don't know how you found me in blogland...but, thanks for your comments. Definitely keeps me motivated to wanna post some more stuff after i get done whoring my drawing hand to the man for 12 hours a day.

You take care, ma.

~ REE

March 14, 2006 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://jvbwfrqg.com/oadz/buyb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tlxftlty.com/iees/ismk.html]Cool site[/url]

September 27, 2006 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://jvbwfrqg.com/oadz/buyb.html | http://oxsadppp.com/ymns/uqbk.html

September 27, 2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home