It Could All Be So Simple....

Like Lauryn Hill says - It could all be so simple, but you'd rather make it hard! If we all just spread a little peace it would be so much easier!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Love story: A Boy and His Plant


What is this you may ask?? It's the plant that I can't get rid of! It's one of the only things left from my boyfriend's bachelor apartment. Long gone is the faded brown sectional sofa that "would be perfect for 10 of my boys to sit on while we watch football," and his 15 year old mattress that has probably seen more ass than a donkey in a Conga Line. So sorry we had to get rid of the dilapidated entertainment center thats "wood finishing" was peeling off the sides and finally your 200 pound, 15 year old desk with the dust bunnies in the drawers was just "too big to fit in our new place." So sorry honey!
I'm sorry your stuff was old and gross. I'm sorry none of it matched anything. I'm sorry that we couldn't keep anything but your clothes, some tupperware, a side table, a few pans and 2 plants (now there is only one left, I will get to that later).
Readers, I DO actually feel bad that we HAD to get rid of almost everything, but we had to start fresh! I'm a girl - a girly girl. I like my stuff to match and be clean. I knew that in time, he would adjust and understand, and he did!
HOWEVER, there were 2 plants that just couldn't go. He has had them for years and they both look sad and pathetic. For some odd reason they won't die completely, but continue to show signs of life, sprouting a new leaf every month or so.
Last week, however, as he and I walk in the front door, we take a few steps in and smell something awful, here's how it went down:


Him: Damn, did you step in some doo doo? (why does it gotta be ME that steps in the doo doo??)
Me: Lemme check... NO! It was you!!
Him: (Looking at his sneaks) NO, it wasn't me!!
Me: Didn't I ask you to take out the trash yesterday?
Him: I DID!
Me: What the HELL is that!?!? (gagging)
[We both commence to sniffing around the house trying to find the source of the stench]
Him: Did something spill on the carpet?
Me: Did something crawl under the couch and die?
Me: EW! EW!! I FOUND IT!!! It's your stankin' ass PLANT!! EW!!!
Him: No it's not!! Lemme smell!
[He buries his nose in the pot]
Him: EW!!! What the F*%k???
Me: (Thinking to myself) YES!!! Finally! This fugly plant shall be moved to the balcony!!!
Me: (talking out load) I'm sorry honey, do you think we should move it outside? Maybe it was just overwatered and got moldy...
Him: (with a sad face) Yeah, I'll put it out there.

Poor guy, I actually do feel sorry for him. I think I will take extra special care of one of the only bachelor things he has left. Although it is mangled and ugly I will watch after it and love it.

(Do you like the pot I painted for it??)

Does your man (or woman) have stuff that they HAVE to keep that you can't stand??? What's the one thing YOU wouldn't get rid of??

Spread Peace

Love is like a baby: it needs to be treated tenderly.
African (Congo) Proverb


7 Comments:

Blogger ThatGirlTam said...

YAY I'm first! Well...my husband and I have been together for 10 years...and when we moved in together...he came with a laundry basket full of his clothes and 2 boxes of text books...and nothing else. We got everything new and I already had linens and kitchen stuff. But he had this thing for COWBOY BOOTS back then (circa 1995-96) WTF?? A BLACK MAN - from INGLEWOOD - IN COWBOY BOOTS?? 'the hell?

And to go along with these boots (which thankfully he gave away), he had a collection of the ugliest cowboyish shirts - and this man thought he was FLY! On our first Christmas together (exactly 2 months of knowing each other and the day he proposed), he was wearing this GAWD-AWFUL UGLY ASS shit...and this mutha fuka had CHRISTMAS TREES ALL OVER IT! OMG!!! And he REALLY REALLY thought that shit was fly - for real! It took me like 2 years to get him to throw it away...gives me chills just thinking about it!

March 16, 2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Peace said...

Tam,
that is some funny mess! Christmas trees on the cowboy shirt?? That is TOO much!! I personally have never seen a black man in Inglewood who wears cowboy boots and cowboy shirts - that is hillarious!
My man has these 2 t-shirts that he wear EVERY DAY (he alternates days) although he has like 100 shirts in his closet. I just don't get it!

March 16, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger unsaid said...

my boyfriend needs all these equipment for music and for his computer. while i'm thinking of saving to buy a house he's thinking of saving for a new studio!!! LOL...that's the only thing he really came with that I have to live with though so that's not too bad.

I like the pot you painted! so colorful!

March 16, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

my husband won't get rid of clothes and shoes. he hasn't worn most of the clothes he has since i met him and can't fit any of them...he has boxes full of clothes and shoes. he has the whole closet and dresser and on top of the dresser...where are my clothes...in one big tote and one that goes under the bed. i tell him one day hes gonna come home and all that shit is gonna be gone. then my life gets threaten. i'm just wondering what the big deal is. most of it is too small and out of style.

i won't get rid of my Martha Stewart mags. but thats about it.

your pot is cute!

March 16, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Lāā said...

I like that pot that you painted.

My man has a pair of gym shorts (the long ones) that his daughter gave him. They are ripped and have holes in them but he insists on wearing them under most of his pants.

March 17, 2006 6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

February 04, 2007 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

March 07, 2007 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home