It Could All Be So Simple....

Like Lauryn Hill says - It could all be so simple, but you'd rather make it hard! If we all just spread a little peace it would be so much easier!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Big Up to all the Latino Folks Out There in L.A!

As I look out my 52nd floor window in my Downtown L.A. office, I can see hundreds of Latino demonstrators walking on to the 110 N on-ramp. Traffic is officially stopped and there are helicopters gathering to record the goings-on. I can see someone at the front of the demonstration waving a large Mexican flag - this is awesome.

If you don't already know, the Unites States is attempting to pass a bill that would make it a felony to be in the country without proper papers, and a federal crime to aid undocumented immigrants. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A felony? As if our jails weren't crowded enough!

Maybe nobody has noticed that these migrant workers are doing jobs that most Americans refuse to do with pay that most of us couldn't survive on. I understand the arguments on both sides, I'm not trying to stimulate a debate - but one thing I know is true - California has not seen any notable demonstrations or civil rights activism in a long time. It's about time people stand up and fight for what they believe in.

March on, march peacefully.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lāā said...

I'm glad that they are standing up for themselves. This country wouldn't be what it is without the help of immigrants. I still believe that the government is very racist in who they want to let in. It is so true that they do the jobs that we don't want to do.

March 28, 2006 6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 28, 2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home